Hakomi - Wisdom of the Body-Mind
Time & Location
About the Event
Ever found that traditional forms of narrative based therapies don’t always change habitual ways of being in the world and in relationships?
Are you a psychotherapist, counsellor, psychologist, social worker, OT’s, care worker, medical staff (nurses, GP’s etc), groupwork facilitator, bodyworker, or in any other in helping profession?
If you want to deepen your practice and learn therapeutic skills that are practical, experiential, embodied and compassionate, then this workshop is for you.
This workshop provides advanced skill building in therapeutic contexts as well as communication and relationship dynamics, so that you can build on and deepen your abilities for transformative sessions.
In this workshop you'll discover:
· Listening beneath story & what is in the field of experience
· Tracking and contacting in the present moment
· The power of mindful awareness
· Tapping the wisdom of the body
· Experimental attitude, infectious curiosity & assisted self-study
· Conversations with the story teller
· Interrupting old habits: Neuroplasticity in action
This 2-day workshop offers the opportunity to experience the Hakomi Mindful Somatic method of psychotherapy and how it differs from narrative based therapies.
It supports present moment mindful awareness and contacting not just the story but the storyteller.
· The learning style has a weighting towards the experiential with theoretical components woven through out, so that you get the most opportunity to practice and integrate the skills throughout the workshop.
· This workshop really grounds the practices of mindfulness and somatic (body) awareness and how to integrate these in your own work & life contexts.
· This particular workshop supports increasing your capacity for deep listening, tracking (reading what’s in a clients present experience and what’s outside their everyday awareness), and how to contact this unfolding present experience in others and in yourself.
· This workshop brings the therapeutic interaction alive, through its experimental and working with present moment experience.
· This workshop provides powerful tools for accessing belief systems that can limit people’s ability to fully live into who they are – it’s about increasing choice points.
· This workshop supports your knowing of how to create safe spaces and the flow of the therapeutic process and being able to see what gets in the way or limits the potential of a session.
Aladdin Jones M.ed
Aladdin is a certified Hakomi (Mindful Somatic) Therapist & Teacher who resides in the Yarra Valley near Melbourne. He has a private practice in psychotherapy, counselling and clinical supervision and teaches on the Hakomi Psychotherapy professional training in Australia (Perth) & New Zealand.
Over the past 15 + years he has worked as a psychotherapist, family therapist (all ages), group facilitator and in community prevention of family violence. He has a particular interest in healthy masculinity work with boys and men, respectful relationships, and in ecotherapeutic approaches.
Aladdin has a 20 + year interest and practice in Zen and mindfulness, is a musician of world music, has a love of gardening and time in wild places and is a father to two teenage daughters with his partner Tess.
- admit one$395$3950$0